Awareness

on Saturday, April 08, 2006

Life and death are intertwined. We can’t separate them from one to another. As well as sadness and happiness, tears and laughter, grief and joy. They are there with us, whether we like it or not. Losing somebody can be hurt, but it can also make us stronger in facing life. It’s just we should not be drawn with the sadness all the time for we may become not aware what is the real meaning behind the sadness. Sometimes the more tears we have, the more treasure we can find within us- that if we are only aware. It is us who responsible with our feelings. It is our mind that controls our feelings, not our surrounding.

Sometimes I am not aware of being me. Sometimes I am not aware with my surrounding. My walls that start to crack, my skin that is getting wrinkled, my radio that is getting crusty, my mom and dad who are getting older. Sometimes I am not aware that I am actually………breathing. It is weird that everyday I pass the days without being aware of these things. I am too occupied with my work and forget those small things, but yet essential. Awareness...the key to appreciate life.

[corat-coret untuk mengenang Mbah Putri,2005]

0 comments: